Job Title: Events Coordinator
Part-time, flexible hours required to support seasonal events 20-30 hours per week
New England Disabled Sports (NEDS) is a dynamic adaptive sports and recreation program located in Lincoln & Bretton Woods, New Hampshire. Our mission is “through sports, to change lives affected by disabilities.”
First established in 1988, NEDS was incorporated as the White Mountain Adaptive Snowsports School in 1992 as a 501 c 3 non-profit. In 2008 the name changed to New England Disabled Sports to better reflect our geographic scope and mission.
NEDS has grown steadily over the last 28 years; today it is a leader in adaptive sports in the New England area. Headquartered at Loon Mountain Ski Resort in Lincoln, NH and at Bretton Woods Ski Resort at Omni Mount Washington Resort, NEDS has become a nationally recognized program, providing expert adaptive sport instruction to adults and children living with physical and cognitive disabilities.
New England Disabled Sports is a chapter of Disabled Sports USA, and is governed by a Board of Directors, comprised of business leaders from all walks of life with a passion for adaptive sports and unparalleled commitment to the organization.
Over 200 talented and dedicated volunteers support our mission and deliver excellent quality instruction and enjoyment to our students. Our volunteers also serve by managing our major fundraisers, donating time and talents to operational support, planning, and outreach.
NEDS operates a range of critical fundraising events from the Winter Challenge snow focused event and a summer golf tournament to events created to drive awareness of our organization. To ensure the success of current and new evolving events, NEDS is seeking an Events Coordinator to join the team. This role will be responsible for researching, designing, planning, coordinating and evaluating new and existing events along with engaging participants, both individuals, and businesses. This role will significantly contribute to the organization’s ambitious fundraising goals and positive experiences for participants and customers.
● Plan and coordinate all logistics of events, fundraisers, festivals, Coach For A Day programming, facility rentals and photography sessions
● Communicate with vendors to include invitations, meetings, negotiate contracts, invoices, and dissemination of pertinent event details
● Supervise the set-up, running and break down of each event, acting as lead point person for day-of event operations
● Troubleshoot situations and challenges for events, facility rentals and photography sessions
● Design standardized event procedures and train staff/volunteers as needed
● Track event expenses, analyze accuracy of invoices and prepare summary reports
● Lead creative expansion of existing and new events
● Analyze workflow and implement more efficient processes
● Responsible for design and layout of all events staying current on trends in event
design and materials
● Research and summarize national and regional trends in special event production
● Strategically establish event calendar to maximize exposure and minimize
competition with other venues, local events and festivals
● Document event successes/challenges and identify steps for future events
● Partner with all departments to facilitate events, effectively interacting and
communicating with staff, volunteers and various external groups/vendors
● Conduct evaluations to determine guest satisfaction and event ROI
● Perform general activities for special projects or assistance with on-going activities
● College Degree preferred and a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in coordinating special events
● Proven experience in fundraising events, event management & event logistics
● Extremely organized, detail and deadline oriented
● Exceptional customer service skills
● Motivated, self-starter who can think creatively
● Proficient in Microsoft and able to quickly learn new technology
● Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, internally and externally
● High emotional intelligence and ability to work collaboratively and contribute in a
team environment as well as independently
● Effective project manager—identifies and thinks through all necessary steps of a
project, sets appropriate deadlines, moves seamlessly between prioritized tasks, identifies required participants and holds self and others accountable to outcomes and deadlines
● Fast paced and energetic work style— driven for success with a positive attitude that energizes others
● Strong work ethic with a willingness to go above and beyond to reach goals
● Clean background check.
● This role may be a remote position that interacts regularly with NEDS staff and volunteers in Lincoln and Bretton Woods, NH.
● This position must be able to work independently and integrate into major donor and professional corporate environments.
● Travel to events which will primarily be New England based is required.
● Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as
needed to support events. Compensation:
● Competitive salary range is dependent on qualifications and experience.
To Apply For This Position
Candidates should submit a resume, salary history, references and a detailed cover letter to:
New England Disabled Sports Search Committee
All submissions will be acknowledged.
New England Disabled Sports is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personnel are selected on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.