Welcome to New England Disabled Sports and thank you for your interest in becoming a Volunteer!
Sharing our passion for sports with people who might otherwise be excluded can be one of the most gratifying and rewarding experiences in which we can participate. This participation, however, comes with great responsibility. As a volunteer with New England Disabled Sports, it is imperative that you are protected, as well as our student-athletes, fellow coaches, the general public, our partners, and our mission.
As with most organizations, New England Disabled Sports (NEDS) has policies, procedures, guidelines, and best practices that the organization requires its members to follow in order to protect our volunteers, students, and their families. Following these procedures and guidelines will allow New England Disabled Sports to continue to serve our mission now and in perpetuity. In order to be a NEDS volunteer, the organization has documented specific requirements to which all volunteers must adhere in order to have consistency and safety in how we serve our mission.
These requirements will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be 18+ years of age. Anyone 14-17 years of age can apply to the Pre-Adaptive Coach Program (PAC).
- Understand and sign an acknowledgment of Risk and Liability
- All NEDS volunteers are strongly encouraged to have or obtain a CDC-approved and complete COVID-19 vaccination
- Obtain, read and understand the Volunteer Handbook and Curriculum Guide for the sport(s) in which you choose to participate and help facilitate
- All volunteers will be subject to a background check
- All volunteers must meet all applicable training requirements as specified by the Sports Programming Staff
- All volunteers must meet essential eligibility requirements for participation, including a skills assessment.
- In good faith, follow all policies, procedures, guidelines, and best practices as outlined in the Volunteer Handbook, or communicated through trainings, meetings, communications from staff, and/or any other documents distributed through the organization
- Be subject to, and participate in review processes for yourself and your peers, our students, our clinics, and our operations
- Strictly adhere to the NEDS alcohol, drug, tobacco, and intoxicating substance policies
- Adhere to mountain-specific policies, procedures, guidelines, or best practices, as published by mountain management
- Contribute a “good-faith” effort to fundraising efforts on behalf of the organization
- Present yourself, NEDS, and the Disabled Sports community in a genuine and positive light (BE HAPPY!)
Spring, Summer & Fall Volunteers: View Summer Volunteer Job Description.
Please fill out the application completely and thank you for your interest! Fill out the application HERE!
If you need more information about joining the adaptive coaching staff at the Loon or Bretton Woods locations, please inquire at (603) 745-9333 or email Kurtis Pierret, Sports Coordinator at [email protected].